Apple Tasting Trail
Wayne County Tourism partners with 10 local businesses to host the tour. The Apple Tasting Tour is a self-driven tour, with fall and apple activities happening throughout the month of October. Visitors have the entire month to experience apple harvest at farm markets, apple orchards, wineries, and cideries. Every stop visited earns a badge on the tour app that can be emailed to the Tourism Office for a chance to win a prize at the end of the month. Access the tour app at www.appletastingtour.com.
Visitors are invited to:
- Enjoy wine tastings at Young Sommer Winery and JD Wine Cellars at Long Acre Farms.
- Try a glass of hard cider at Embark Craft Ciderworks at Lagoner Farms, at Old Goat Cidery at The Apple Shed, or at Rootstock Ciders & Spirits.
- Pick your own apples at one of the many farms and apple orchards on the tour.
- Escape the Amazing Maize Maze at Long Acre Farms.
- Find your new favorite apple when you pick or pick up a new variety at one of the 10 farm stops.
- Stock up on fall goodies like fresh pies, apple salsa, and homemade preserves.
- Take home colorful mums and bright orange pumpkins.
- Picnic or hike at one of the featured parks.
- Enjoy lunch, dinner or drinks at The Bay Street Restaurant or Saltbox Smokehouse.
The 10 Apple Tasting Tour farm stops:
Apple Town Farm Market, 4734 Route 104, Williamson
Lagoner Farms & Embark Craft Ciderworks, 6895 Lake Avenue, Williamson
Long Acre Farms & JD Wine Cellars, 1342 Eddy Road, Macedon
Morgan’s Farm Market, 3821 Cory Corners Road, Marion
Orbakers Farm Market, 3451 Lake Road, Williamson
Rootstock Ciders & Spirits, 3274 Eddy Rd, Williamson
The Apple Farm Stand at Stone Goose Farms 5630 Norris Road, North Rose
The Apple Shed & Old Goat Cidery, 3391 Fairville-Maple Ridge Road, Newark
Young Sommer Winery, 4287 Jersey Road, Williamson
Youngman Orchards Farm, 7315 Lake Road, Sodus
The 5 Apple Tasting Tour featured parks:
Chimney Bluffs State Park, 7700 Garner Road, Wolcott
- Forman Park, 4507 Lake Road, Pultneyville
Palmyra Aqueduct Park, 2685 Route 31, Palmyra
Beechwood State Park, Lake Road, Sodus
Cornwall Preserve, 3975 Lake Road, Williamson
The 2 Apple Tasting Tour sponsor restaurants:
The Bay Street Restaurant, 8427 Bay Street, Sodus Point
The Saltbox Smokehouse, 6152 Barclay Road, Sodus
For details regarding the Apple Tasting Tour, call Wayne County Tourism @ 800-527-6510