18 Tourism Trails that Make Great Getaways!
Did you ever feel like having a day or weekend of adventure, but didn't have the time to map it out? No worries! Check out all these exciting trails where different tourism or special interest organizations have taken the work out of "making a day of it." There's a trail for almost every taste and interest!
- Amish Trail - Nestled within the Enchanted Mountains of Cattaraugus County, behind the hustle and bustle of today's world, sits the NY Amish Trail. The NY Amish Trail is a self-guided tour through Western NY Amish Country, including the town of Leon which is the largest Old-Order Amish community in the United States. (Link to download map
- Cayuga Lake Wine Trail - Home of the first winery in the Finger Lakes, the Cayuga Wine Trail is well established with its 15 member wineries. (Link to download pdf of brochure and map)
- Corning Cycling and Antiquing Tour - If you love discovering antique shops along charming country roads and in small villages, this is the perfect
cycling outing for you.
- Finger Lakes Beer Trail - Over 75 craft brewers cover more than 200 miles of the Finger Lakes. These breweries have conveniently set up a dozen different itineraries to choose from.
- Finger Lakes Biking Trail - Grab your bikes and head out to cycle any of these seven trails that range from a short jaunt to a day's outing.
- Finger Lakes Cheese Trail - This trail has more than a dozen small scale producers of artisan cheeses. Be sure to check availability to visit and hours of operation.
- Finger Lakes Golf Trail - This trail features four of the Finger Lakes Most Beautiful & Challenging 4+ Star Rated Golf Courses in New York State, and includes convenient packages.
- Finger Lakes Hiking Trail - Nearly 1000 miles of trails for everyone from first-time hikers to the most avid enthusiasts. (Link to interactive online map; link to purchase paper map)
- Finger Lakes Sweet Treat Trail - If you have a sweet tooth, don't miss this trail! From honey and jam to homemade cookies and cakes, there's something for every sweet tooth! (Link to download brochure)
- Freedom Trail in Auburn and Cayuga County - Auburn was the home of Harriett Tubman and William Seward and is one of the keys sites on the Underground Railroad that runs throughout Cayuga County. (Link to driving tour map).
- Haunted History Trail - This is a HUGE trail across NYS of over 400 sites, and each region has its favorite haunts. You can use their interactive map to select your destinations, or you may want to click the link to this page and order maps of whichever regions you wishprefer to visit.
- Keuka Lake Wine Trail - Keuka Lake wines are best known for their lovely balance and uniquely vibrant fruit flavors, (Link to download pdf of map and guide)
- Lake Ontario Wine Trail - Nestled along the edge of Lake Ontari lovely views, award winning wineries, modern distilleries and more await (Link to use interactive map)
- Livingston County Birdwatching Trail - Livingston County's beautiful rolling hills and bucolic scenery are the perfect landscape to draw birds of all types. With seven stops, this trail is easily doable in one day.
- Naples Open Studio Trail - Visit a dozen artists whose studios are clustered near beautiful Cananadiagua Lake. (Link to download map)
- Niagara Wine Trail USA - Minutes from Niagara Falls, and a short drive from Buffalo and Rochester, New York, the Niagara Wine Trail USA is regarded as a new up-and-coming region, but the art and science of grape growing and winemaking has been in our area for many years. (Link for brochure and map)
- Seneca Lake Wine Trail - With 35 wineries and many other stopping points on this trail, you won't run out of adventure any time soon! (Link to download printable map)
- Tiffany & Treasures Trail - A self-guided adventure in the fire arts treasures of yesterday and today, right here in Corning and the Southern Finger Lakes. Sites include working potters, glass artists, museums, and buildings completely designed by L.C. Tiffany. (Link to download pdf of map)